Following the lead of several bloggers I had long admired, I chose a word that I thought might help me be more mindful of those who by word or action had a positive effect on my life or the lives of others.
Whenever the opportunity presented, I included links and names so my readers might also enjoy the gifts that some of the people I noted here brought to my life.
During the year, I never bothered to keep track of how many times I used the word encourage or the category, ” One Word – Encourage.” Looking back earlier today, I discovered 33 posts with stories and links to people who inspired me and in their way provided a bit of encouragement without even knowing it.
As 2010 moves aside for 2011, I wanted to share a link to those 33 posts in case you need a bit a light in your life right now and if there is someone who has been an encouraging presence in your life, please feel free to leave a comment about them below. If it is a place or an experience rather than a person, I hope you will share that with us as well.
Warmest wishes to each of you for a Happy New Year and many thanks for stopping by to read or comment.
33 Posts meant to Encourage:
1) I began the year with a walk in the snow and shared a bit of my neighborhood and the people who live there.
2) John helped me provide a special image for you when I wrote about “ The Dance Of Life.”
3) ” Seeing The Boundary Stones ” was a thank you of sorts for some encouraging comments from my readers when I was feeling kind of blue.
4) Only a few months after taking what would turn out to be our last walk with a dear friend, I wrote about her in ” The Last Walk – Measured Steps.”
5) ” The Light Of Friendship,” does not need an explaination … just thanks.
6) A clear example of how ” Believing Can Make It So.”
7) In ” Reaching For More, “ I encourage you to stop by my friend Mariellen’s place after sharing another one of my stories first.
8 ) ” Hanging On When It Looks Hopeless “ is about a gift I learned from my darling husband John.
9) More words of gratitude for my readers and their kind comments in what followed after a difficult time while “ Cleaning Out The Attic.”
10) This one addresses some heavy mother-daughter stuff and links to a few people in, ” I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends.”
11) After the death of actress Dixie Carter, I wrote a little something that included a significant woman in my life in ” Dixie Carter – A Strong Southern Woman.”
12) A joyful story of how a group of women brought about something close to a miracle with hope, hard work, and belief. It is way more uplifting than the title, ” Bringing It to The Masses – No More Twitter Bashing. “
13) This has to be read … I can’t explain ” When Grief Comes Without Warning “ without crying.
14) ” A Leaping Ginger Cat Takes Flight “ helped me share a course designed to help creative types become airborne.
15) I linked outrageously in this post where I gushed about my new blog crush. Penelope Trunk is a woman who continually shocks me with a fair amount of what she has to say and while I don’t always agree with her, I always leave thinking something new.
16) ” Mister Rogers & Me – A Nantucket Film Festival “ shares the film success of couple of brothers who tell the story of Fred Rogers and his impact on the life of one of the brothers.
17) I take you on a little ” Walk In The Park With Mariellen Romer “ in this post. It’s a sweet trip about reaching for your dreams.
18) ” Chewing On A Dreamy Idea ” is about inspiration and some of the places it came from for me last year.
19) Letters from friends and how RSS feeds are like a modern-day mail box are only part of the story in ” RSS Feeds – Like Getting A Letter From A Friend. “
20) I wrote, ” Building A Home One Mouthful At A Time “ while considering how others accomplish difficult tasks.
21) More special stories and moments from my past in ” Sharing A Story – My Teary Moment With Kenny Loggins. “
22) I talked a bit more about the process and linked to some inspiration in ” Kelly Rae Roberts – Taking Control With Flying Lessons. “
23) ” Missing The Good Stuff “ has a link you really ought to see.
24) This post was all about asking for what you want in ” Someone From Evansville Indiana Has The Ability To Change My Life.”
25) I was a lady in waiting holding my breath here when I wrote, ” No Word From Evansville But Gifts Of Another Kind Instead.”
26) Remember what I said about asking for what you want … this was a gift of enormous proportions for me as I was able to heal in part a bad memory when my Evansville reader responded to post 24. I shared her message in ” Welcoming Rita From Evansville Indiana.” Thanks again Rita!
27) A post about being saved as a child and drowning is part of this post in ” When Drowning – Remember – Hope Floats. “
28) Carolyn and Kim always inspire through their own blogs or by the things they say in comments. I had a chance to meet up with Kim on a trip to Paris and I talk about our meeting and her in ” To Carolyn From Paris. “
29) In these tough financial times I found Donna Freedman a great person to check in with for consumer tips and she shows up in a Paris post titled ” Shakespeare And Company – Surviving And Thriving. “
30) This mega cool post is where I make my music video début courtesy of my friend Benjamin Wagner’s ‘Forever Young video.
31) ” Special Delivery – First Giveaway Produces A Winner ” documented my first giveaway when I gifted a copy the music CD ‘ Forever Young’ to one of my readers.
32) I was grateful for reader support in ” One Step At A Time “ where I talked about receiving a rejection for a job involving writing.
33) ” Mother Love – Quietly Sharing The Wisdom “ shares a story of how I met a blogging friend in New Zealand and the impact of her words.
Whew! 33 links is a lot of work … I hope you enjoy a look back as much as I did. Feel free to pass all or some of this post on to someone you think might need a little encouragement and I’ll be back with more in 2011.